Victim Compensation

Victims of violent (non-property) crimes may be eligible for victim compensation for out-of-pocket expenses such medical, funeral, crime scene clean-up and mental health counseling costs. In addition, if applicable, victims may also apply for lost wages or loss of support benefits. You must apply within one year after the crime occurs. Call Victim-Witness for details. If the accused is convicted of or pleads guilty to a violent or property crime, the judge may order financial restitution. You may also consider filing a civil lawsuit.

For more information, visit Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Website

Victim Compensation Application